While it is important to find a San Diego attorney for your trust or probate administration matter who is knowledgeable and experienced, it is equally as important to find someone who possesses the right character traits. The executor or trustee must have a solid working relationship with the attorney handling the administration because the two parties must rely on each other to complete the process. As you search for a probate attorney who is right for you, consider whether they posses these key traits.
5 Key Traits a Good Probate Attorney Must Have:
- Compassion: Trust and estate administration matters involve the loss of a loved one. Most often, many sensitive and personal matters will arise during the administration process. In order to ease the burden, it is essential to seek out a compassionate attorney who understands this difficult situation
- Responsiveness: One of the most common complaints about attorneys is their lack of responsiveness. As you go through the task of administering an estate, it is important to work with an attorney who responds quickly. While attorneys are busy with other clients and matters, taking days or weeks to respond to an email or call is unacceptable.
- Proactive: The trust and estate administration process in San Diego is lengthy and can be easy to push aside. It is crucial to the efficiency of the probate process that your attorney be proactive about taking all steps quickly as possible.
- Diligence: At times, the process of administering an estate requires substantial follow up by your attorney. This may include follow ups to heirs, creditors, or the court. A diligent lawyer will follow up without needing any prodding from you.
- Approachable: Above all else, your attorney should be approachable. You should always feel comfortable calling or emailing with a question or concern. Lastly, your attorney should also take the time to explain the administration process to you in an understandable way.
To learn more about finding an attorney who is right for you, call our office today at (888) 443-6590.