Finding Your Loved One’s San Diego Will Online in Nine Easy Steps
After a loved one passes, the friends and family of the deceased may find themselves struggling to locate the will. One frequently overlooked option for locating a missing will is to check with the probate court in the county in which your loved one died. Whoever has the will in their possession is required to file the will with the probate court within 30 days of the date of death. An experienced probate court lawyer can help guide you through the process of locating a will and administering an estate. To properly locate a will that has been filed with the court, you can use the convenient Case Search tool on the San Diego Superior Court website.
To conduct this search electronically, follow the steps listed below:
- Navigate to the Case Search page on the San Diego Superior Court website.
- Review and agree to the User Agreement and Disclaimer.
- Select “Party Name Search.”
- Under “Case Type,” select “Probate” from the drop-down menu.
- Under “Case Location,” select “San Diego” from the drop-down menu.
- First, enter the beginning date for your search.
- Next, enter an ending date for your search.
- Enter your loved one’s name
- Click “submit.”
After you entered the required information, review the results to see if your loved one filed their will with the court or not. If you are the personal representative of the will, you have many responsibilities. Our article, The Duties of the Personal Representative of a California Estate, provides additional information about this role. To learn more about probating an estate, contact an experienced San Diego probate court attorney today for further guidance. Call the Grossman Law Firm at (888) 443-6590.