Finding a CPA to help with Probate Administration
Carrying out the administration of your loved one’s estate is not an easy task. Numerous responsibilities can quickly become burdensome. Unfortunately, failing to properly carry out some of these tasks can cause significant harm to the assets of the estate, as well as subject the estate to liability. One such task is the preparation and filing of tax returns. In some cases, a personal representative may want to seek guidance from a certified public accountant, a CPA to help with Probate Administration, to assist with these tax matters.
Five Tips for Finding a CPA to help with Probate Administration
If you decide to engage a CPA for assistance with a probate administration, you may be wondering whom to hire. Unless you have someone in mind, it can be difficult to choose among the many CPAs. The following are five helpful tips for where to turn as you look to find a CPA to help with probate administration:
- First of all, ask your probate administration attorney for a recommendation. He or she has likely worked with many CPAs in the past.
- Furthermore, contact the San Diego Chapter of the California Society of CPAs for a referral.
- Additionally, consult with friends or loved ones who have administered estates in the past to determine who they used and whether that person was a good fit.
- Also, consult with your current tax advisor if you utilize someone to prepare your personal tax returns. Even if this person does not handle trust or estate tax matters, they likely can refer you to someone who does.
- Lastly, contact the former accountant of your deceased loved one.
Finding and hiring a CPA to help with Probate Administration is the best way to ensure that a probate administration is carried out smoothly and efficiently.
If you are ready to start your case, then please give us a call or fill out our Get Help Now form. A comprehensive overview of California Probate is available here. Should you have additional questions about trust litigation, you will find plenty of useful information in our Learning Center.