Costs of Defending a Will Contest
Unfortunately for the rightful beneficiaries of an estate, even a frivolous will contest will cost money to defend. Probate litigation in California can quickly become an expensive endeavor. Finding a knowledgeable, experienced attorney to handle your matter can help reduce the overall cost of defending against the claim. It is vital that you have the right lawyer in your corner in order to protect the interests of the estate and its beneficiaries.
In general, the following factors may influence the overall costs of defending a will contest:
- First of all, the size of the estate
- Whether there are extensive complicating factors to the will contest claims
- Furthermore, whether the claim is frivolous or not
- The amount of time required of the San Diego probate court attorney
- Additionally, the costs of any expert witnesses
- Finally, the amount of any court fees
In conclusion, while the costs of defending a will contest may add up, it is necessary in order to protect the estate assets. Hiring the right attorney will help to keep costs of defending a will contest under control by ensuring that the case is handled as efficiently as possible. It may also reduce the likelihood that the estate loses financial assets as a result of the will contest.
If you are ready to start your case, then please give us a call or fill out our Get Help Now form. A comprehensive overview of California Probate is available here. Should you have additional questions about trust litigation, you will find plenty of useful information in our Learning Center.