Attorneys Role in a Trust Litigation Matter
If you are the beneficiary of a trust in California and suspect that the trustee has engaged in wrongdoing, you may decide to pursue legal action. Hiring an experienced trust attorney to represent you is an important step towards ensuring that your legal rights are protected. The attorneys role in a trust litigation matter is substantial for the trust litigation matter to go smoothly. It will also greatly increase your chances of succeeding in your claim. This is because California trust and probate laws are often complex and require the guidance of an experienced professional.
The amount of work that goes into a trust litigation matter can be substantial. Your attorneys role in a trust litigation matter includes:
- Handling pre-lawsuit negotiations between the beneficiary and the trustee in an attempt to avoid a lengthy and expensive court involvement
- Conducting discovery to uncover more information about the alleged breach of the trustee’s duties
- Filing motions where necessary, to comply with California probate laws
- Additionally, assisting in mediations
- Furthermore, representing your interests at trial and demonstrating how your rights have been violated
- Finally, representing your interests if an appeal is necessary or is filed by a trustee against you
If you are ready to start your case, then please give us a call or fill out our Get Help Now form. A comprehensive overview of California Probate is available here. Should you have additional questions about trust litigation, you will find plenty of useful information in our Learning Center.